Thursday, January 11, 2018

days

she used to lie between us
like an ocean
of mystery,
storms,
a cold north sea,

and now its
18 days
and counting
since I saw your face

all the wild love
draining
from us
out through the choices you've made
into the ground you've stood
incomprehensible to me
depending on which truth I put to my ear

an egg shell life
beads bought but ungiven
new eases I want to tell you of
but they're no longer shared
just mine

another meeting
in a new room
the story gains
around it's middle
although I no longer
recognise
which way is left or right
and still the questions go unanswered
though the stillness remains

I last saw your face
so many dates ago
I've forgotten what to look for

I dont even recognise myself
the long conversation
is now the longer silence
squirrels no longer bring messages
from the trees

favourite
has a strange taste
and
the nights come in multiples
before dawn finally
lets me go

this ending
unending
and over.


No comments: