The need to shift our consicousness is universal. Despite draping it suggestively in new age words or organising it into new age meditation groups, mind alteration occurs in uncountable ways and for every second of time and within (almost) every human being on earth.
Recognising that we do it is the first unlocking.
Because this leads us to being able to choose how, when, where and why we do it.
I have always done it: one cannot be alive and not be changed by life, books, people, thoughts, chemicals (for example food....) and Tao.
But now I do it, create it, find the change with increasing pleasure.
When I slip into a hot bath and feel my conscious mind slide from my racing monkey mind into my still body, I sigh with gratitude.
When a piece of art touches me with its unifying beauty on every level of feeling and induces wholeness through my eyes and into my heart, I breathe out with relief.
When a blazing fire energises the skin on my hands and face, but at the same time seems to penetrate my soul with life, I pulse with joy.
Now I seek out people, places, potions and pleasures to do with me what they will: and each moment of my quest leads me home somehow to the heart of this great wilderness of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment