
my 25 random things.
3. I write poetry. bad poetry. I hide it on the internet hoping that somehow it will be miraculously transformed into good poetry by the legitimacy of its environment. not yet, but I am still hopeful.
5. The names of my cats have always started with M, even when they did not start out as my cats.Except for Petal: but clearly that was not her fault, i think her previous owner was a psychopath. (Who names a cat Petal...how can they even say it out loud...bastard. Her name now starts with an M)
23. I still fantasize about humiliating my ex boss publicly and being vindicated forever as smarter, better, fitter, more successful. Taller, nicer and with more hair I already have.
10. I have three names. I really like everything about them. I had hoped to pass one of them on to a daughter.
6. This is my favourite number. I like it. Its peaceful and behaves predictably. Even if you chop it up into equal bits it still has nicely fitting parts. I don't like 3 though, but nothing is perfect.
12. I was married for 5 years, and hid my matric dance photos the whole time. Yes, they were that bad.
20. I also fantasize about throwing the perfect party. However when I start actually writing down the guest list, and trying to finalise the date, my hands get sweaty and my heart beats too fast.
18. As far as my brains go I am most proud of getting an A for matric English, even though I missed an entire section out of one paper (like answered only 2 out of the 3 sections) . It was a gorgeous poem, so I regret that. But I still got an A.
11. I get terrible stage fright, but otherwise I really loved the performance arts.
15. I learned about sex from a book in Std 5, which one of my friends stole off their parents book shelf. Boy were the details a shock.
7. I don't think fear should be obeyed, in fact I like it give it a big F$*k You. I have jumped (voluntarily) our of a helicopter twice.The second time even the pilot looked at me funny and said: "That second jump was a bit high, hey?" I smiled nonchalantly but thought, you telling me!?!?
8. It has been requested frequently by my friends that I do not try and tell jokes. Ever.
25. I have no idea when or where I was born. It was either pretoria or bloemfontein but i can never remember.i have asked my dad a million times, but i always forget what he answers. I wish I knew what time I was born, so i could get an accurate horoscope done, but the information is lost in the mists of time. Its a strange feeling, and not really my favourite.
17. I have always known (and I was measured, so it must have been true) from my late teens, that I was 5.10 or 1.78m tall. This is a fact, like knowing what colour your hair is. The other day someone insisted that THEY were 1.78m tall, and since I was clearly taller, I couldn't possibly be. huh?!?!?
22. I have weird moments when parenting my son when i clearly remember being me as a child, having the same conversation (OK, being shat out or moaned at...) with my mom, but AT THE SAME TIME I am clearly experiencing being the adult and everything I am saying is reasonable and makes perfect sense. I usually act stern, but really I want to roll on the floor laughing.
2. I want to go on a backpacking, spiritual pilgrimage through Japan. I have no plan, it just seems like fun.
14. My favourite books of all time (and I have many, many, many beloved books) are the series of Modesty Blaise novels written in the 70's but Peter O' Donnel. I have imagined them as movies and the stunning opening sequence (i wish i could show you what is in my head...) is accompanied by Sting's Desert Rose.
4. I am pathologically unable to keep a diary. i like to blame it on the traumatic event of my mom reading my diary when i was a teenager, and then grounding me for the entire june/july holidays, but actually it is just because consistency and I are like oil and water. Bush and English. Diamonds and trailer parks.
16. It has been said that I talk too much. What people fail to appreciate is how little of what I COULD say actually makes it out. My brain is a fun place, if a little busy, and dark.
24. I have recently discovered that the colour yellow is supposed to help you focus your mind, so if i go blonde, you will know why.
13. I was in the choir from sub A to matric. then part of a church band for the next 6 years or so. I think that a community based on music has always been important to me, and is probably why trance parties are like coming home.
21. I think I am doing the developmental thing backwards. I was a well behaved child, a serious teenager and a responsible twenty something. I'm a hedonistic, party mad, anarchistic thirty- something now, and who knows where this will all lead.... i did do the nappies and crawling thing as a baby, so I'm hoping to give that a skip in my eighties.
19. I like a good argument. The steamier and more sarcastic the better. Its very sad that more people cant indulge themselves in intelligent disagreement without party lines and pc-ness getting in the way all the time.
9. I think of "just because" rules, laws and norms more as guidelines, and I secretly celebrate violating as many of them as i can.
1. Some of my most profound life experiences have happened through the intimacy of nursing, and I miss wearing the uniform which gave me access to being really kind and comforting to strangers in need. The health systems we have violate almost every human decency possible, and I have chosen to walk away rather than witness the level of human violence necessary to sustain them.
26. Apparently I am the second most stubborn person on the planet. This sucks. I clearly cant disagree with it because that PROVES it, but I feel myself doing it compulsively anyway....AAAAAARRGGGGHHH
No comments:
Post a Comment